You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Monday, December 14, 2009

Are you mad at me????

As I have been working out at the SJSU gym, I have shared a few smiles and a couple "hellos" with another avid exerciser. Mind you, we have never had a conversation before, and to this day I still don't know his name. As I go to jump on a treadmill, I smile at my exercising friend. He then does something out of the ordinary.... He approached me. The first thing he says to me is, "Are you mad at me?" I was somewhat taken back by the question. Why on earth would I be mad at him when I RARELY see him and have no clue who he is??? I politely say, "Um, no, what gave you that idea?" He then proceeds to tell me that the last time I worked out, it didn't seem like I wanted to see him. I seriously had to stop myself from laughing. Sadly enough, because my schedule has been so dysfunctional, I couldn't remember that last time I worked out; therefore, don't remember being mean to him. I quickly say it must have been a misunderstanding and we laughed it off...

My thought is, would that really be the best way to start a conversation with someone you don't even know? I mean, I have my socially awkward moments, but I know better than to come up to a complete stranger and say, " Are you mad at me?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bahahahaha. that guy has some screws loose.