You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

COUCHES... SMOKING... Holocaust Movies...and a A Good Night

A Place to Sit

Well... we finally got couches =) Woo Hoo... Did I mention they were FREE! A friend that I met in my program decided that his family didn't need them any more. How sweet is that? I can't believe he would just give me his couches. They are still in really good condition, too. I can't thank him enough... it was definitely a gift considering that I DID NOT want to have to pitch in money to buy a couch.

I HATE SMOKING!
It saddens me that no matter where I walk around here, people are smoking. It breaks my heart! Don't people know how bad it is for you????? What really chaps my hide is when there is a good looking guy smoking. It's like he had potential, then BAM- I see him put the cig to his mouth, that potential went down the drain! I am not saying they are bad people, they are just making a bad decision. They need a cigarette cessation program (there's the public health professional coming out of me!) OH... OH- I was so excited yesterday. The guy that helped us move the couches is a smoker... well, as we were crammed in his little truck, he asked if we cared if he smoked... guess what phrase I got to use- "Care if I die!" I have always wanted to use it. Totally worked too! He didn't really know how to respond, which says a lot because he is a smart alec. I felt proud to be in the Public Health field at that moment!

Holocaust Movies
I don't know why I watch Holocaust movies. They only make me have stomach aches. I FINALLY watched "Life is Beautiful". WOW- I agree, it is super good, but HOLY MOLEY the Holocaust is awful! I just can't believe people can be so MEAN- why on earth would they want to treat people like that? All I have to say is the father, Guido, was an AMAZING character. He was so funny from the get go. So full of life and love. AND, what a great father. He just kept this positive attitude for his son. He never once let his son see his pain or how afraid he might have been, even to the end. Props to this movie!

Pleasant Night:
I had a pleasant night. I went to institute and met some more people, which is a plus because last time I really didn't get a chance to talk to anyone. Then on the way home, the night was just beautiful... it was cool with a nice breeze and a full moon to boot! As I was walking, a man walks past me and says, " Isn't just a beautiful night." "Why, yes," I say. "Very pleasant!" To top it off, some man sitting by the library looks at me, as I smile a toothless smile, he says, "That smile will get you through the day, you know!" All I could say was, "Yes it can!" I didn't even give him my 100 Watt smile! SO ya, it's been a good night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post-looking forward to seeing you this weekend if coach Stewert doesn't have me too busy.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Yippy!!!

lindsy said...

Skye- 100 Watt smile??? You KILL me. Haha. Anyways, yay for new couches. Those look dang good! And I'm glad you finally watched one of my favorites. Thanks for the chat today.

Kjell Crowe said...

Wow, great post. So much info.
Skye, you're so cute. I miss you.

Am loving your couches. Do they smell like smoke?
I hate smoking too. It's really annoying and I'm even more annoyed if someone is smoking around me and kasia.
Life is Beautiful. I watched that for the first time at your old house, and I'm pretty sure I bawled like a baby. I think I cried the hardest ever during the film.
You do have a lovely smile.