You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just my week...

Home
I was able to go home for the long weekend, and it was so great! Is it weird to be 25 1/2 and still be homesick? All I know is I love hanging out with my family. They are some of my closest friends. We didn't do anything extraordinary- to be honest, I studies most of the time!!! But, just being home felt comfortable. I am not saying I don't like it here in San Jose... I do- I just enjoy being home. Although, when I am home for too long, I feel the need to get out! It's a vicious cycle! All I know is, "There's no place like home!"

Sign Language
On Tuesdays, the missionaries are offering a sign language class!!! I think it's pretty much AWESOME! I love sign language and this is a great opportunity to freshen up on my skills!

SCHOOL!
SO over the weekend, as I mentioned, I studied and did school work. Most of that time was spent doing a darn paper! It's a 4-5 page paper on Experiential Learning. Well, DUMB me wrote about 3 1/2 pages on Experiential Training. Luckily, I figured out my error and started this paper with plenty of time to spare. So yesterday I went to library to finish it up- The Internet was super slow for some reason, so I was having a hard time finding the info that I needed... to top this off, an annoying lady decided to sit in the cubicle next to mine. Before she sits down she POPS open her soda can and take a drink. This isn't a silent gulp, but a loud one. I could hear the soda sloshing in her mouth and making its way down her esophagus! AHHHH. SO she nosily sits down and gets her stuff out that she needs. ALL of the sudden, she STARTS COUGHING hysterically. What the X... I am guessing the drink went down the wrong tube- I should actually know because I could hear it. Once the coughing stopped, she takes out a bag of goodies- (I'm assuming it's chips or something) and starts crackling the bag. You have got to be kidding me.. that was it-I gathered up my stuff and left! Good grief, couldn't I get some peace! Once I left, I was able to crack down and finish up the paper!

Another thing I had to do for school this week was my stats pretest. This was another thing I studies a lot for when I was home. Well, as I was taking the test, I had about 20 minutes left. I answered the last question, but I wanted to go back and check my answers because I knew some where wrong. Well... no can do- the computer CRASHED on me, and so I was left with what I had. I ended up getting an 8/10 ,but I know I could have done better! I know I really shouldn't be complaining... 8/10 is great and it means I am not gonna be "red-flagged" for the class. It's just that it would happen to me that the computer crashed on my test.

The Alders
The last little bit breaks my heart. I happened to come across a facebook status about girl from my freshman year at BYU who lived on my floor. It said something along the lines of " My prayers go out for Katie and for her loss. Hope she is doing well" I was curious as to what happened.... I got a link to her blog and last Thursday she got in a terrible accident with her husband (who died instantly) and her little baby ( who is fine). She is in the ICU recovering from a broken neck and swelling to the brain. I actually got teary eyed when reading about. I didn't know her all that well, but my heart just broke for her. She was married to her husband for about a year and her baby is only a couple months old. What a life changing experience. Poor girl... My prayers do go out for her and her family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I just hate it when everything annoys me about the person sitting next to me when I am trying to study! I get that all the time, however, I can also be the annoying person! That tid bit made me laugh sooo hard.
POOR ex-floor mate!!! How sad!!!
Going home is great. I agree. I was just telling Mom it feels like forever since I have been home, its not cause I dont want to go home, its because I have no time! BOOOO! I switch location with you in a heartbeat if everything I have going over here would also be going over there!!! I love love love it where you are.
Hope you finding some good things about it!