You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Monday, August 24, 2009

My First Day at School

1- I woke up to an awful garlic smell... thinkin it was just some lingering scent left from my roommates, I hurried to get out and go work out. HOWEVER, the smell followed me. I would get whiffs of it every now and then while lifting weights. I thought it was me at first, thinking the smell from the apartment permeated my clothing. NOPE... all along the smell was in the air. Hm, I guess that's what we get for being close to Gilroy (Garlic central!).

2- I was happy to find out that I can work out on campus. The weight room isn't immaculate (like UCSD), but I will make it work! It's free, and that's all I need to know. The only downer is that it doesn't open up until 7:00. Don't they know people like to get up early to work out?! What if I have to start working early??? Hm, let's hope I can still find the time!

3- Toto, we are not at BYU anymore. While walking to the bookstore, I discovered all the fraternities and Sororities. I honestly felt like I as in a movie or a TV show. Oh, and I can do without the smoking... Just not a fan of it!

4- Classes went well. My first class was a bit overwhelming. I feel like I am the student who has no idea what the teacher is talking about. It's at those moments when the teacher says, "Raise your hand if you haven't heard of (place whatever topic you want here)." When no one raises their hand, why on earth do I want to look like the fool? Did I miss something, not read an article? How does everyone else know what he's talking about except for me? That is usually the time I go home and have a fun time looking up the information. I am determined not to be the only one left with their hand up. I know it's only the first day, but how am I already behind????

My second class went a little bit more smoothly!! The professor is amazing. So full of life and energy about Public Health. She is definitely someone who I want to be. I hope I can become fully immersed in my career and LOVE it as she does.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the comments-sounds fun and exciting.\\Dad

lindsy said...

I'm lovin your new background, lady.

Kjell Crowe said...

so excited for you....ya smoking sucks.