You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rude Awakening

A couple nights ago, the whole building was awakened by the fire alarm. Luckily, I really wasn't sleeping all that well (I guess that's the only time I feel lucky not to be able to sleep!). Just as my roommate turned off the light, the blaring, high pitch sound started around 12:30. Of course I was startled. I jumped right out of bed, and stood up not knowing what was going on. I thought it was just our fire alarm, thinking I left the stove on from that nights dinner. NOPE- as we investigate some more, we see across the way that another apartment's sprinklers on the balcony are pouring down with water. It was a mess! You could have taken a shower with all that water pressure! The unfortunate part was the alarm kept going on and off for about 2 hours. Needless to say, for what started as a rough night, it didn't get any better with the alarms! But, all is well. The apartment seems A-OK.. at least from our view =)

No comments: