You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Friday, March 8, 2013

Opt in or Opt Out!



Why does dating have to be so complicated? Sometimes, when I get frustrated and bitter, I wish I could just opt out…but then I don’t want to be alone forever and I want to grow old with someone (so wait, I opt in). But then I get asked out by someone I am not interested in, or by a friend for a friendly date knowing nothing will ever come of it; so then opt out? But what happens when a crush develops on someone and you hope they ask you out soon, which means I have to opt in. And then opt out again because you are tired of the lack of attention by your crush even if you have spent quality time with him. 


Does it have to be this complicated…Probably not! Sometimes I think about arranged marriages- line me up with someone and call it good. I obviously can’t find someone on my own. HOWEVER, that wouldn’t work either… it doesn’t work logically in my confused head. I could easily find some Joe Shmo, and be stuck with him forever just like an arranged marriage. So no go on that idea.


So then why can’t my stars line up with someone else’s stars? Goodness, it seriously is a miracle when two people have mutual liking toward each other.

2 comments:

E B said...

You know, it is a miracle that people find each other. But it is also true (in my experience) that it happens when you least expect it. I don't know why that is, but it is.

shudha said...

you have a lovely blog. i was going through your writings and somehow i felt that i can relate to you in some level.

Sadly, i could'nt find the subscriber button but i'll be back.:P