You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spanish and Sexy Beast!

I have this knack for speaking Spanish to people who clearly DO NOT speak the language. Take a look at this story, and you will understand!

Si!

When I first moved out to Massachusetts to live with Linny for a few months, another girl was actually leaving. So, to send her on her way, we decided to hit up Newport, RI. We got to see the Mansions, see the beach and take a nice stroll. We also decided we wanted Mediterranean food. As we are ordering, the obviously non Hispanic server man asked if I wanted some Baklava. What was my reply..."Si"! Hmm, wrong language. I gave Lindsy a funny look as I realized this and quickly replied, "YES". Feeling like a total nimwhit, I hung my head in hope that they would not judge me too harshly!

Another example is when I am with my Polynesian friend...every time I see this guy, Espanol escapes my lips. He doesn't speak the language at all, but I feel the need to use the ten Spanish words I know on him. Call me crazy! (Happens when I sub as well... I speak the language to the kids who have no clue what I am saying!). I've got to get a handle on this.

I also just wanted to share this as well... thought it was great:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sexy beast. What does taste like? Must be a Mexican name for....:............?