You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Honesty IS the BEST policy!



So after all my hard work of studying for one of my classes and thinking I got the highest test score, I come to find out my professor added up my points wrong. He gave me a 37.5 out of 40, but I actually got a 36.5 out of 40. MORAL DILEMMA! Well, it really shouldn't be, but I worked so hard, dang it. I realize the mistake and I was torn all through class whether I should tell him. It's just one point, but one point means a lot in this class since there are not many to go around. So, I call my best friends Linny and she says I should tell (good advice) and I also call Kjell, she's says to tell tell the professor as well. I knew I had to, I just needed the extra push in the right direction. I am not a saint, people. Sometimes, making the right decision is the hardest thing to do. After all my worrying, I decided that I would rather have respect for myself than to have that extra point. I hand back my test to the professor and told him he added the points wrong. Guess what he did... He said, "Take the point for honesty!" I about fainted! I was so relieved =) The spirit was urging me to tell the professor because it was going to work out OK no matter what. I just needed to heed the spirit from the get-go and not question it. I know it's just a point, but in the end, it means a lot to me =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the type of person that just don't "talk the talk"--you "walk it."

Thanks for being such a good example for me.

Dad

Kjell Crowe said...

skye....you freakin' rock.

lindsy said...

Yay for Skye and yay for the point being kept. P.s. Love the new look of the blog.