You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Saturday, August 22, 2009

San Jose... The Beginnings!!!





I officially arrived Wednesday, August 19th. I worked hard at moving in and getting my room all situated. My roommates seem great- So far no complaints, and we seem to get along just great. Although, they probably think I am a weirdo because I go to bed early! I can't help it- Early to bed, early to rise! Some things never change.

Here's where I walk into Campus!!!


My student ID card... I am OFFICIAL!

On Thursday and Friday I had LONG orientations. I guess that's what comes with starting a Master's Program. I'm not sure if I feel any more informed from the orientations, but I do feel a little bit nervous. This program is set for people who want to do two or three years. I have decided that 2 years sounds like a plan. When I tell people this who are already in the program, they gasp at the sound of it. "2 Years, huh? Wow, good luck." What I don't get is aren't Master's Programs usually 2 years? The one thing that really worries me is that I have been out of school for a couple years... getting back into the groove is the challenging part. Let's hope that it all works out!
I did meet some great people. There are a few more BRAVE souls out there taking on the 2 year program- We decided we need to all hang out and study together. One person in particular has become my buddy! His name is Michael and is ready to help me get through this craziness! He even offered to give me a couch! Things are looking up!





A little walk way by my building full of food and goodness!!!


Here's my building...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library

My Library Card... Haven't had one of these for many of moons =)

As for being in San Jose, it seems pretty fun! I haven't had the chance to do much (been busy with orientations!), but I have walked around a little, and I like it. There are a lof of good places to eat. When I get a job, I am definitely hitting the town!!!! Today, I did go check out the Library that's across the street! That's gonna be a PLUS!!!! I guess just living across the street from campus will always a be plus! =) I got a library card, which means I can go check out movies and books ALL THE TIME. I can tell this is gonna be a good year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great post! Plus, you look sooo pretty in your school i.d. picture. soooo so so cute and so much fun!
See you are already doing it! Go girl go!
love you soooo much sister face.

Starr

Kjell Crowe said...

Skye, it all looks amazing!! I'm a little jealous that i'm not getting that kind of an experience...definitely different than my online program!!! Such a cool place.

Good Luck. You can totally do it in 2 years!

E B said...

Good luck, Skye. You'll get back in the 'groove' after a few weeks (at least I did) and then it was just fun. And I think 2 years is reasonable too!

lindsy said...

Yay for new beginnings! I'm so proud of you and I know you're going to do great. I know in the end I'm not out there with you, but I'm there in spirit! Keep blogging so we can share our little experiences.

Anonymous said...

I love you

Dad