You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Thursday, April 23, 2009

FINALLY!!!!

So I have to admit I have been a little down in the dumps. I just felt like my life was taking its sweet time to get back on track! Don't get me wrong, I have loved being able to live with my mom and dad and get to know them better. I also love that I am close to my family so that I can do fun things with them. However, being unemployed & not knowing what my future holds was becoming overwhelming. I started feeling a little USELESS!!!
WELL THE TIDES HAVE FINALLY CHANGED!!! THE LORD IS ON MY SIDE =)

I got the email yesterday about grad school... I have been waiting to hear back from the University Grad Department to know their decision. I was accepted into my program, but had to wait for the final decision by the University. So, yesterday they gave me the "Congradulations, you are accepted" email!!! What a relief to know! Of course, that brings on some more burdens (money, housing, registration, and such), but it's nice to have some idea of what I will be doing in the fall =)
Then, I found out that I pretty much have a summer job. I will be going back to Camp La Jolla!!!! WOOT WOOT. I was stressin' out about work, which I am sure I am not the only one. Anyhoo, I finally sucked it up and contacted Camp La Jolla to see if there were still any openings. Low and behold I think they want me back. I filled out the application and called them yesterday. The phone call made my day =) Nancy, the woman who basically owns the camp answered the phone. She asked what I needed and told her I was wondering about a job for the summer. I told her who I was and she said, " Oh, the tall, beautiful one!" HA, that made me smile from ear to ear! She remembered I worked with the Pre-Teen girls and so she was like, "Oh, the Lord is so good to me!" I guess they need someone over the Pre-teens and they were going to start calling around their staff to find someone, but I called and saved the day! I still have to have an interview with another woman, but I am guessing it's more about paper work =) YEAH FOR A JOB. It will be super fun... free stay in San Diego, getting tan and looking good!
All in all, learning patience is HARD. but it can be done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SKYE! You are such an amazing woman!! I love the excitement I hear in this post. It is about time you start letting your light shine!!
I cannot wait for our trip out to Utah!