You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Changing my lifestyle & FEELING GOOD!

SO Lately, people around me have been wanting to live a healthier lifestyle & I LOVE IT!

I don't think mine is super horrible, but I know I need to change a few things! Starr is looking GREAT, and I want to apply what she is doing to my life. Clayton has also decided to make a change (20 by 30), which in the end has motivated me to become healthier! The fact that I am teaching health is also quite the motivator. How can I teach health, and not be healthy myself? I feel like a hypocrite if I don't do what I teach! SO, all this ranting and raving is about how I am making the change!

I have given up on soda for the 4th time in my life. I am usually pretty good at not drinking it, but there are times when I am weak! Water gets OLD, so I eventually fall back into the drinking soda habit... SO NO MORE SODA along with SWEETS!

Oh, my downfall... Just a sweet here, just a sweet there. Eventually, it starts to add up to a TON OF CALORIES that I know I don't burn off in the day! So I am back to the body for life concept Kjell and I did a couple of summers ago. Sweets one day a week. I am not perfect, and I DO BELIEVE that you can't give up an amazing cookie or a yummy scoop of ice cream... I just can't be doing it everyday. I can't eat like I once did when I was in high school... growing old means slower metabolism. SERIOUSLY SUCKS, but such is life!

WATER... I know I need it, I know I can't live without it, but it can be hard for me to drink! I once had a behavior change class in college where I actually tried to change my behavior about drinking more water. It worked for a while, but water ends up being my enemy! Somehow I have got to change my outlook of water... we're gonna have to be friends!

LASTLY, exercising... it can be so amazing, yet SO HARD! I have been doing great by walking every morning with my parents! I get a good 45 minutes in! Nothing better than waking up at 5 in the morn to take a stroll around the neighborhood! Unfortunately, I just don't think that is enough. I gotta get some more exercise in. Gotta burn more calories than I take in! So, a nice run around 7 or 8 should do the trick...
I have started it this week, and I am feeling GREAT! Keeping it up is the hard part!
LONG LIVE, LIVING LONG

4 comments:

Kevin & Rhiannon said...

Skye! It was good to hear from you! I'm glad to hear that you're still loving life. Now I can keep tabs on you. :)

lindsy said...

sounds good, hun. I'm workin on the same thing! We can do it together in a month ;)

Kjell Crowe said...

yeah yeah.
you go girl!
don't you wish i were there with you to push you right along??? hahah yeah right.
we'd probably end up fighting!
i love you.
You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Oh it feels good! Don't deprive. I am all about once a week, hell even twice a week for a treat. I just ate some plain almonds with a bar of dark chocolate...and wow did it hit the spot and tast soooo good!!!! You can do it. Water is all I drink. one glass of Soy milk in the morning with my meal. thats it. I really want to keep this up for the rest of my life.