You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm not as good as I once was..But I was good once as I ever was!





I played in an Alumni game for Porterville High School on Saturday. Technically, I did not graduate from PHS, but I did give them 2 dang good years of basketball. The game was fun, we lost to our our crosstown rival (Monache High School) by about ten points. The teams weren't fairly matched, but I have to say that PHS hung in there. I was proud of my team. MHS, on the other hand, was MEAN! They were vicious; out for revenge! They came out with some gusto...It was hard to keep up. Overall, it wasn't too terrible bad, and it actually felt great to run up and down the court dribbling a basketball.

I miss playing...I miss the the rush you get when you score a basket, thinking you're all that! I do have to admit I did air a three. I just didn't have the legs to shoot. They were super tired from all the running. I wish I could play more, but that's life. Growing up sometimes means not being able to do everything you want to. All I can say is that the basketball court felt like home
.

1 comment:

Kjell Crowe said...

i totally miss playing ball with you.
Coaching just isn't the same. It's even more exhausting then playing because i feel like I am repeating myself over and over again.

If I could, I'd go back in time to my senior year and play again. Good, good times.