You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 24

Day 24- A letter to your parents:

Dear Mom and Dad,

As I have been subbing and working with all sorts of children, I have come to realize how extremely blessed I am to have you as my parents. I grew up in a loving home that fostered a learning environment. I was able to excel in school, sports, music, and life through the support of my parents. You both taught me to respect my elders, especially teachers. How extremely important that is, and I thank you for your examples.

Furthermore, I was not beaten or starved, and I knew no matter what, my parents loved me! There are so many children that have broken homes and don't know what it is like to have a mom and dad who love each other and appreciate each other. I can't imagine what it would be like to have to go home everyday to a parent that beats you, or doesn't feed you, or neglects you, doesn't give you hugs and kisses, or who doesn't support you. Just know that I respect both of you very much and I appreciate the loving environment you create.

Much love,

Skye