You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Monday, August 2, 2010

Ghangsta All Star… or at least that’s what I thought it was!

A few weeks ago, I heard a classic hip hop song on the radio…As I was singing along, I was thinking I need to get this song downloaded. It was seriously taking me back to the good old days of high school. Of course, I don’t have an iphone that has that cool “recognize the song” app, so I was left to remember the song on my own accord. As luck would have it, I couldn’t remember the song. I kept trying to get the tune, but nothing came.


One morning, I thought I remembered the name of the song, so I rush to the computer to do a quick download. As I was typing in the name, I wrote “Ghangsta.” When did gangsta get an “H”? Not thinking too hard about it, I ended up downloading “Gangsta’s Paradise.” Thinking I got the right song, I rushed out the door. As I was listening to it on my commute to work, I realized I got the wrong song. It was definitely not what I wanted.


Throughout the morning, I was frustrated because I really wanted to remember the song. I didn’t have much detail to go off of besides it being a hip hops song, it was partially rap with a melody that a girl was singing, and that it was an older song. If anyone could help me out with such little bit of information, it was going to be Kjell. So I give her a ring and tell her that I don’t have a lot of info, but I just know she would figure it out… I give her the details, and she was like, “Seriously, that’s not much to go off of.” I kept pushing, not giving up. Eventually, Kjell mentions the name “Mya”. DING, DING, DING… She did it!!!! It was the craziest thing- It was like she was in my head!


So eventually, I figure out the song I wanted: Ghetto Superstar (hence the “gh” in Ghangsta). I knew it all along, but didn’t quite have it right.

1 comment:

Kjell Crowe said...

I'm freakin' amazing!

Glad I could help!