You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The ROK!

WOW- I had quite the experience yesterday. Eating lunch was an event. Daniel Garrett works at this intense restaurant called The Rok. He thought it would be fun to show me what it is all about. Let's me just say we ate like a King and Queen for the day!

First off, We started with a cheese fondue. YUMMY- I think fondues are so much fun. Then, we got a salad that had salmon in it.... That should have just been the meal right there. NOPE. We ended up getting meat (I got chicken and he got stake). That might not sound so out of control, but it was! They bring this meat to you half cooked on this smoking hot rock, and the meat finishes cooking in front of you. It was so out of the world and dee-lish!


TO top it off, we ended with a fondue chocolate (Snickers flavor) and dipped goodies into it. The funny thing about the desert was the waitress turns to Daniel as says, "You know the rule if you drop anything in the fondue? You have to kiss a girl for 6 hours!" HAHAHAHA we about died when we heard this. Before she said the 6 hours, we were like, that seems reasonable... just have to kiss- but for 6 HOURS! Who has the time??? The funniest part was when she said she has witnessed this... Some man stayed at the restaurant and kissed his woman for 6 hours. Good Grief- Get a room.

So ya... I pretty much ate all the food. It was amazing. When I was in high school and ate at Ashleigh's house, her mom would always say it was an event when I ate. So it this just reminded me of that. This was for sure an event that I loved- Eating delicious food always makes me happy!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Your post is making my spaghetti that I'm cooking look pretty pathetic!