You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Negative Nancys and Debby Downers

In just a few days I will be starting my new adventure called GRAD SCHOOL! This was a long and hard decision to make. I never envisioned myself going to school after my undergrad. I just figured I would find a nice job and that would be that. Nope... not a chance!!! If you want to get anywhere in this world, you need to go back to school. My first ambition was to go back to school for nursing. Let's just say that was not for me! Yes, the job market for nursing is unbelievable, but I just don't see myself doing it. The next best thing was grad school for Public Health. I don't see why not...

This is where a Negative Nancy or a Debby Downer would jump right in... "Public Health, huh? *not a very excited look on their face* There's not a lot of money in that field." or "Why would you want to go into that?" or "Health is the first area that's being cut!" Aren't there any POSITIVE PETERS or PEPPY PAMS? Can't people muster up enough excitement for me (even if you have to fake it)? Come on people... Going back to school is an amazing thing!!!!! You should be shouting words of encouragement rather than disappointment. This was already a hard enough decision, thanks! Public Health might not be every person's dream career, but you better believe I will be one highly educated individual!!

THE END

5 comments:

Schmath said...

That is really cool, first of all, that you get to go back to school, and second, that you know what your dream career is. I'm going to add you to the list of people
I envy.

Jessica said...

I think that public health ROCKS!! It would actually be my first choice if I were going back to school and you're going to do an awesome job!!! GOOD LUCK!

SKYE said...

Thanks, guys!! I do appreciate your support =) I am glad I have friends that are Peppy Pams!!!!

lindsy said...

You're so funny. Maybe people say that just so they can hear about negative ned and peppy pam. haha. just kidding. i think that's just me. anyhow, i'm proud of you for doing it, AND we're going back to school together, so yay!

Anonymous said...

I know its hard, BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE!! They probably are jealous haters, who have no more opportunity to do what you are doing. They are probably broke, shacked up with a loser, with a lame ass job, barefoot and pregnant, cooking gross dinners every night, and wishing they had your life and your chance to GO AND DO!!!!!
SCREW THE HATER HARRY's and the HATER HANNAS!!!!!!!
SO GO AND DO SCREW THE HATERS!!!!!!!!!!

You you, your sister you loves you soooo much and wishes You THE BEST!!!!!!!!

See you in SAN HO!