You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Thursday, April 30, 2009

TAXES,TAXES everywhere....

So I went to get ice cream the other night on a date, and when we went to pay, the scooper asked if this was to stay or to go.... "UM, does it matter????" The scooper said, "Yes, because I have to add tax if you are gonna stay here to eat it!" WHAT????!!!!????!!!! He was actually super nice about it. He didn't charge us any tax, but we decided to leave anyway!!!! Apparently all fast food places charge you an "eat-in" tax! Crazy! I was just so shocked =) Took me quite a while to get over it. I told my brother this, and he knew this like it was common knowledge!!!! I missed the boat on that one. Man, are we gonna have to start paying to use the restroom, too? Some places do that, you know!!!!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

CRAZY!! I guess I'll just take my food to go from now on!

Anonymous said...

I did not know that either! OMG! and as I read this post I could hear you in my head, your write just like you talk, cute sister

rachel b. said...

That's ridiculous! I never knew about that. I guess I'll always be taking it to go now . . .

Amy - said...

Haha! In Italy, they charge you a cover charge of like 2 Euros (or more at expensive places) EVERYTIME you go sit in a place. Plus you pay a tip on top of that. So at a lot of the coffee shops, people will order their coffee and stand at the bar drinking it. At least in CA it is only a tax and not 1/4 of the bill!