You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Monday, July 21, 2008

HALF DOME... I MADE IT TO THE TOP!



BUT, I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever DO IT AGAIN! If I don't see the trail to Half Dome ever again, it will be too soon! I totally tortured myself. I was in pain the WHOLE TIME! Was it worth it... YES (and NO)! I is great to say that I did it, BUT... Hiking is not my forte! I cramped up on the top of the dome, cut my leg (looked worse that it was), rolled my ankle and my knee started to act up. My body is definitely not it shape for a 17 mile hike, but I did it! CRAZY ME! Why do I put myself in these situations?


I'm Still OK (this was the beginning!)



On top of Half dome.. if you can't tell, I am extremely exhausted!

I am actually standing on the end! SCARY!


Here's the cable you have to climb up. On the way to the cable, I felt like I walking to my death! In the end, I was actually the best part of it all!





Here are my injuries... ankle and cut leg! I was a mess after this hike! I am still extremely sore 2 days later!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

YOU ROCK!!

Kjell Crowe said...

hahah skye...i'm glad i'm not the only stoddard that doesn't like hiking. it just sucks hard core.
i mean, its okay, but not that great.
i think its funny that we both sprained/tweeked our ankles on these big hikes!!hahahahh
love you.