You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Monday, May 12, 2008

WICKED HIKE!















On Saturday, I went on the craziest hike in Yosemite along with my dad, Stein, Starr, Cameron, Nicolette, and some Scouts from my home ward! All I can say is I felt so accomplished doing it! The best part was the mist walk... As we were hiking up to the first waterfall (vernal), you get drenched by the mist that is coming from the waterfall. It was the most AMAZING thing I have ever done! I felt like I was walking up to heaven...the sun was coming over the mountains reflecting off the mist and creating a rainbow! I just can't get over how cool it was. It was also very challenging. There are nearly 700 granite steps that you hike up-- boy, was I hurting! Once you get to the first waterfall, you think it will be easy after that... NOPE-- hiking up to the second waterfall (Nevada) was a killer as well. Once we reached the top of both, I felt like we were at a theme park. Honestly, I just can't get over how exteremly WONDERFUL it was... Yes it HURT, but it was WORTH IT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that sister! My e-address is cam_welderboy51@yahoo.com, that hike is still hurting me but I would'nt of changed going for anything.. it was so cool!

Jessica said...

That sounds AWESOME!!! It makes me want to go and to that hike...

Anonymous said...

so, call me. let me know how things go! You can never go wrong with stinkin' El Tap! LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL SISTER! Are we wearing matching shirts this weekend when we run?

Anonymous said...

so call me and let me know how things go...you cannot go wrong with EL TAP! Are we wearing matching shirts this weeking when we run?