You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret; all the best people are.

- Alice in Wonderland

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

ANNOYED!

MY MOST HATED QUESTION ASKED BY THE KIDS...

Student: "Are we doing anything today?"
Me: "NO, we are just gonna stare at the wall!"

The students literally think that we aren't going to do work! I understand that it's getting close to the end of the year, but all they do is COMPLAIN... "I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS, IT'S BORING!" Thinking I would try to mix things up a bit, I'm having them make pamphlets of the information in the book! They get to color, cut out pictures, chat.



Do they find this fun? NOPE-- NOTHING PLEASES THEM. One student asked in a stupid kid tone.. " Why did we make pamphlets anyway?"

Are you kidding me? I want to knock some since into them! Once they were done with the pamphlets, I had them do a boring assignment! That will teach 'em! If you want boring, I'll give you boring!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I totally understand. Good luck surviving the rest of the year. As the weather gets nicer, kids seems to get more annoying!

Kjell Crowe said...

skye!! you're so cute. I totally remember those questions when i was in school. It usually was the gang bangers that asked.
hahahah

lindsy said...

yup. i can already picture your little contorted face as you think, "Boring. I'll give you boring!"